Sunday, January 29, 2012

end.

my spain adventure has come to an end. when i traveled home for the holidays at the end of december, i did not return to spain. it was a pretty crazy situation but such a wonderful experience. over the 4 months that i was there i grew so much as an individual. i had to learn a lot, and fast without my family in driving distance. it took me a few weeks to get settled in and once i started to get in the groove of things... more problems started to appear. long story short the team could no longer afford having 2 americans on the team. sam and i then made our much needed big return to the states to our family and friends. 

i am so thankful for this experience. i know must people don't get the chance to live overseas at someone else's expense. i can't thank my family and friends enough for all the love and support that they have given me through this adventure. 

i couldn't be happier to be home with my family and friends again, while starting another chapter in life once again. this may be the end of my playing career but its not the end of basketball. i will start doing some coaching in the spring. right now i am looking to use my degree! :) and that in itself has been an adventure! 

siempre adiós <3

No comments:

Post a Comment